Scholarship Information & Application
Scholarships awarded through the Dayton Scholars program provide mentoring matches with opportunities to enhance their mentoring relationships through athletic, civic or cultural engagement, education, service learning, and/or social activities.
Scholarship Eligibility & Guidelines
- Mentoring matches must be matched through a partner program registered with MENTOR Minnesota in the Mentoring Connector.
- Scholarship funds can be applied to enrichment activities, such as memberships, classes, tickets, etc., that will help youth (& their mentors!) explore and engage in their passion.
- Scholarship requests may not exceed $1,000 total.
- Scholarships are awarded once per year.
- Mentoring matches can apply for and receive only one scholarship per year.
- Activities must be completed within eight months of notice of the scholarship.
- No overnight trips will be considered for selection.
- Please provide as detailed as a budget for the full amount of the activity as possible. Items or costs not included in the budget may not be considered for award if selected for a scholarship.
- Mentoring matches will be required to complete a scholarship follow-up after completion of the activity.
Selection & Notification Process
- Once an application is received, a MENTOR Minnesota staff member will screen it against the eligibility and guidelines for completion prior to going to the scholarship committee.
- The scholarship committee will review applications only after the application cycle has closed. The review and selection process may take 3-5 weeks.
- Applicants will be notified of their scholarship status on or before the notification date of March 23, 2020.
- MENTOR Minnesota staff will coordinate scholarship fund dispersal with the mentoring matches after the notification date.
How to Apply
- Click here or on the button below to begin your application
.The 2020 application cycle opens on February 1, 2020. Applications must be completed by February 29, 2020.
- Please complete the application as fully and as accurately as possible. The contact information you provide will be the primary way MENTOR Minnesota staff will use to communicate with you.
- In the application, applicants are encouraged to emphasize why and how the proposed activity could deepen their mentoring relationship.
- Once an application is started, there is no “save” feature. Click here to download a preview of the application questions. (We recommend working on the application together before applying as a match activity to help your application stand-out.)
- Click here to download and complete the MENTOR Minnesota photo-video release. Email completed forms to email@example.com. Applications will not be considered complete until a signed photo-video release is received.
Please direct all questions to MENTOR Minnesota staff by calling 612-800-5990 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to complete the online application, please contact us so we can work with you to complete the application offline.